Who said knobs are just for dressers, drawers, and cabinet doors? For me, knobs became the perfect design element to help display four of my favorite wedding photos.
I had the perfect vision for a gallery wall – white slightly distressed frames, ropes, and black and white photography. The idea looked perfect in my head but when I finally hung the frames, all I could focus on was the screws used to hang the rope on. I even painted the screws the color of the wall to blend in but I could still only focus on was the screws.
That same week, I was browsing around one of my favorite local design stores call HD Marigold in Towson, MD and saw a bowl filled with various knobs. I did not go into the store looking of a solution for the gallery wall but once laid my eyes on those knobs, I knew instantly they were the perfect accessories to complete my vision. I love when that happens!
Do you want achieve a similar look? All you need is a few supplies!
- if the knobs do not come with screws attached, you can pick up metal headless fasteners (also known as a Dowel Screw) at a hardware store
- Manila Twist Rope – Natural
- Steel Staples
- Staple Gun (or hammer to nail rope to back of frame)
- Single Hole Clasp D Ring Hangers with screws
- Optional: Drywall Anchors
- Measure rope to desired length and cut
- Carefully remove glass from the frame, turn frame over and measure/mark location for the Single Hole Clasp D Ring Hangers
- Screw in two ring hangers on back of frame on opposite sides
- Thread twisted rope through the ring holders and carefully secure to frame with the steels staples
- Place glass back in frame and insert photography
- Measure location on wall where you want the frames to hang
- Screw knobs onto the dowel screws and secure with bolt
- Drill hole into wall and insert knobs
- Depending on how heavy the frame is and if you are hanging frame directly over the cavity section of the wall, use drywall anchors to create additional support
- Hang frames and you’re done!
As Always, Live Creatively – Xoxo Joyce